UPDATE FOR GOOGLE PIXEL 2/2XL DEVICES FOR ALL USERS (PRO AND PUBLIC)
A couple of updates to post. Sorry there hasn’t been much activity over the past few weeks I have been in hospital.
Changelog [Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL]:
[V1.0.5] 01ST DEC 2017 [both devices]
+Fixed/Enabled Stock image flash routine [option 9 from main menu]
+Added option in stock flash routine for standard flash or extract images/flash
+Updated Magisk Beta to v14.5.1456 with support for Pixel2/XL devices
Custom recovery options are now available so you can try rooting with SuperSU. The Toolkit should also push SuHide to protect it from safetynet. You can also try Magisk as I think the beta version works with Pixel2/XL now. When I added the Pixel2/XL devices to the Toolkit I forgot to add them to the list for stock image flashing which is why it came up with the message saying device has not been set. This has been fixed and I have provided 2 flashing options for all Pixel devices. You can use the standard method google uses or you can extract the images from the image zip file and flash them separately. This 2nd method will set the active slot to slot a before flashing. It has been proven to better fix soft bricked devices but both should work fine.
Pro users can just start the Toolkit as normal. After you have selected your device you will be notified there is an update available [v1.0.3] and can auto update. SIMPLE.
Non Pro users have a few extra steps.
1. Exit the Toolkit if it is open.
2. Run ToolkitClean.exe from the intallation folder (or the Start Menu)
3. Select the device from the list (option 09 for Pixel2 or option 10 for Pixel 2XL)
4. Type ‘y’ or ‘yes’ (without the quotes) to delete the existing module files and settings for the device
5. Select option 62 from the list to update Toolkit.exe to the latest version
6. Restart the Toolkit, select the device and new module files will be downloaded/installed
If you want to donate to the Pixel2 or Pixel2XL module project or purchase an Ultimate Code to unlock all devices/features please do it from these links or through the Toolkit so you get the right code fast. Every donation helps support the Toolkit