Q: How do I enable Developer options?
– Go to Settings from the apps drawer
– Scroll Down and Tap on About Phone or About Device
– Go down to the Build number section
– Tap on the Build number option 7 times
– Go back to the Settings screen
– Scroll Down and Tap on Developer options (just above the About option)
Q: I get an error while trying to unlock the bootloader -> FAILED(remote: oem unlock is not allowed), what now?
Starting with Android 5.0, on certain devices you need to enable Bootloader Unlocking from the developer settings, in order to do that, follow these steps:
– Enable Developer options (go to Settings, About and tap on Build number 7 times)
– Enable USB Debugging (Settings, Developer options)
– Look for the ‘Allow OEM Unlock’ or ‘OEM Unlock’ Option and tick it
Q: When I boot in to TWRP it asks me for a password
Android 5.0 Lollipop brings new security features like encrypted data. TWRP for Nexus 5X, 6, 6X and 9 is able to decrypt all the data using “default_password “. This allows TWRP to decrypt the information without any problems.