FUNCTIONS OF GOOGLE NEXUS 10 TOOLKIT V2.0.0 [20TH APRIL 2013]
* Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically on Windows xp/vista/7/8 32bit+64bit
* Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
* Backup your /data/media (virtual SD Card) to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
* Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader
* Root Stock Jelly Bean builds (upto 4.2.2 JDQ39)
* 1-Click For All to Unlock the Bootloader, Root, Rename the Restore File and Flash Custom Recovery
* Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system (Boot, Cache, Data, Recovery and System) via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC which can be Restored via CWM Recovery
* Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC
* Dump selected Phone Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC
* Install BusyBox on your phone
* Extras, Tips and Tricks section available in Professional version (when updated)
* Auto Update ToolKit to latest pushed version at startup (professional feature)
* Program up to 10 Quickpick slots and run them very quickly (professional feature)
* Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your phone
* Download Google Stock Image directly to correct ToolKit folder for extracting and flashing (no need to move it manually anymore)
* Check md5 of stock image to make sure downloaded file isn’t corrupted before flashing
* Flash Custom Recovery or Google Stock Image to phone
* Rename the Recovery Restore File present on some Stock Roms
* Use adb sideload in custom recovery to root/unroot zip files very easily
* Sideload any zip files straight to the phone via custom recovery
* Boot into Stock, CWM Touch or TWRP Touch Recovery without Flashing it
* Boot or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
* Install a single apk or multiple apk’s to your phone
* Push Files from your PC to your phone
* Pull Files from your phone to your PC
* Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
* Dump BugReport to your PC
* Set Files Permissions on your phone
* Open new Command Prompt for manual input
* Reboot Phone to Fastboot Mode or Android from fastboot mode
* Reboot Phone to Fastboot Mode, Recovery, Android or Download Mode from adb mode
* Get device information including model, build and insecure kernel
Mirror to Goo.im *HERE*
MD5 Checksum (Google_Nexus_10_ToolKit_v2.0.0.exe) – b3d7667e1f434c28641f01d9d0f5b905
NOTE: As the ToolKit.exe and ModsSection.exe files are not Digitally Signed with a Microsoft Certificate they ‘may’ get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted on first run. If this happens restore the file and exclude it from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton which is why I switched to BitDefender which is much better.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE YOUR DEVICE. NOTHING IS RESTRICTED.
ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR ‘AUTO UPDATES’ DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
THE ‘EXTRAS’ SECTION WILL CONTAIN BROWSER TIPS, GENERAL TIPS, KEYBOARD TIPS, MARKET TIPS, SCREEN TIPS, SECURITY TIPS AND SETTINGS TIPS AS WELL AS A FEW TRICKS YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR DEVICE.
THE ‘QUICK PICKS’ SECTION ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.
AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL AND GOOGLE CHECKOUT TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv
AUTO UPDATES ARE BY FAR THE EASIEST WAY TO KEEP THE TOOLKITS UP TO DATE AS I HAVE LOTS OF OTHER TOOLKITS TO LOOK AFTER. IF ANYONE HAS ANY VIEWS ON THIS PLEASE PM ME OR CONTACT ME AT TOOLKIT.SUPPORT@SKIPSOFT.NET. PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR VIEWS IN THIS THREAD AS I WANT TO KEEP IT CLEAN FOR USER SUPPORT.
Credits: ChainsDD for Superuser, Chainfire for SuperSU, koush and the clockworkmod team for cwm, 1wayjonny for the adb/fastboot driver pack
(Changelog at the Bottom of Post#1)
1. INSTALLING ADB/FASTBOOT DRIVERS
The first thing you need to do is to install the adb/fastboot drivers. These are needed so that you can unlock your bootloader, root your phone and perform other adb/fastboot functions.
THE DRIVERS CAN NOW BE INSTALLED DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT. OPTION 1 IN THE MAIN MENU.
IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH THE TOOLKIT INSTALLING THE DRIVERS PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD WITH YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION AND ERROR MESSAGE.
a. If you dont want to use the ToolKit to install the drivers then the best best drivers to try are PdaNet for Android, download and run the 32-bit Windows 7/Vista/XP or 64-bit Windows 7/Vista and follow the instructions to install.
b. After the drivers have been installed disconnect the usb cable and shut down your phone. Keep holding the ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Volume Down’ buttons and press the ‘Power’ button to boot the phone into FastBoot Mode.
c. Goto your Control Panel on your PC and open the Device Manager. You want this open so you can see the FastBoot driver is installed or so you can install it manually.
d. Connect the usb cable. In the Device Manager a new item called ‘Android 1.0’ should pop up and then the driver should install automatically. Once it is installed you will have a new section in the Device Manager called Android Phone without an “!” meaning its installed correctly.
MAKE SURE YOU ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN SETTINGS, DEVELOPER OPTIONS BEFORE CONNECTING THE USB CABLE IN ADB MODE SO THAT THE PC CAN DETECT THE PHONE PROPERLY.
Note 1: If the driver doesnt install automatically then double click on the Android 1.0 item, then click on the driver tab and select ‘update driver’. Select ‘browse my computer’ and browse to the Google Nexus 10 ToolKit\driver folder. Make sure sub folders is ticked. Drivers should then be installed correctly.
2. USING MSKIPS’ GOOGLE NEXUS 10 TOOLKIT
a. Download the Google Nexus 10 ToolKit package and run to install the ToolKit to your PC. The installation will also create a Shortcut on your desktop called ‘Nexus 10 ToolKit’ for easy access. You now have the option to include or exclude the drivers files at installation so if you already have your drivers set up and are just updating the ToolKit then you can untick the drivers if you wish.
b. Once the ToolKit is installed double click on the ‘Nexus 10 ToolKit’ shortcut on your desktop to run it. You can run the ToolKit with your phone in Adb or Fastboot Mode.
c. You will be asked if you want to check for an Update. If you type ‘yes’ this will download and check the latest version numbers against the versions in the ToolKit. If there is an update available then you will have the option to download and install it (professional feature).
d. You will now be presented with a Model Selection Screen to choose the Build that you are currently on. Type the number that corresponds to your desired selection. For example type ’13’ for Android 4.2.2 [Build JDQ39]. If you cannot find the build your device is using then type ‘h’ to select the HELP option to get more info.
NOTE: If you have a new build that isnt covered by the Toolkit you can also type ‘a’ in the Model Selection screen to see instructions on how to pull your stock image and send it to email@example.com so support can be added.
e. The Toolkit will now locate and download the image pack for your chosen Model. This is a new feature so the Toolkit is not limited to how many Models can be added and it cuts down ALOT on the download size. After the zip file has finished downloading it will be extracted to the correct folders and the files checked to make sure everything is ok.
f. When you enter the Main Menu you will see ‘Adb Mode’ and ‘Fastboot Mode’ at the top. If you have installed your drivers correctly then you will see your devices serial number under the text with ‘device’ next to it for the mode you are in. If you see this then your device is connected and you can carry on.
NOTE: If you haven’t installed the drivers and don’t see a serial number at the top then this is the FIRST thing you want to do so the Toolkit can operate properly. You may need to do this in adb and fastboot mode.
g. Each option in the ToolKit has full information on what it is and how to use it.
h. When you want to EXIT the ToolKit please use the ‘x’ option from the Main Menu as this will terminate the adb process and not leave it running in the background.
ToolKit v2.0.0 (20th April 2013)
+Completely restructured Toolkit code
+FULL Support upto JellyBean 4.2.2
+Added model zip file download after model selection to reduce download size
+Check md5 of stock image to make sure downloaded file isn’t corrupted before flashing
+Downloaded stock image file is copied to the ‘backups’ folder before flashing for future use
+Added adb sideload for auto flashing zip files
+All stock images now downloaded from goo.im so the link won’t be broken if google delete the file
+Latest CWM and TWRP Recovery images included
+Lots more minor improvements and changes
ToolKit v1.3.0 (24th November 2012)
+Fixed the Google Stock Image flash routine crashing
+Added text after Google Image flashes about bootup freeze after Image is flashed and how to fix it
ToolKit v1.2.0 FULLY NEWB PROOF AGAINST FREEZE AFTER BOOTLOADER UNLOCK (22nd November 2012)
+Rewrote loads of routines to add extra safety
+Added adb Sideload as a routing flash option
+Added text to Bootloader Unlock to fix errors
+Rewrote all the root routines
+Added more text to the FAQ in the Info Section
+Lots of other improvements
ToolKit v1.0 (20th November 2012)
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.