Custom Recovery TWRP updated for Nexus 6P
Custom Recovery TWRP 126.96.36.199 (with device decryption supported) added for ALL users (Pro and Public)
Dees_Troy updated TWRP for the Nexus 6P to 188.8.131.52 yesterday with added support for device decryption. This basically means that if your device is encrypted you can still boot to recovery and access the device (after unlocking it) so if you want to root but don’t want to decrypt the device then you now can.
I have updated the Toolkit to download/use this recovery version for all users and you can get it now as follows:
Pro users can just start the Toolkit as normal. After you have selected your device build you will be notified there is a new recovery version available and can update it. SIMPLE.
Non Pro users have a few extra steps.
1. Exit the Toolkit if it is open.
2. Run ToolkitClean.exe from the intallation folder (or the Start Menu)
3. Select the Nexus 6P from the list (option 06)
4. Type ‘y’ or ‘yes’ (without the quotes) to delete the existing module files and settings for the Nexus 6P
5. Restart the Toolkit, select the Nexus 6P and new module files will be downloaded/installed
6. After you choose your build the new Custom Recovery TWRP will be downloaded and set for use.